Condominium Coverage Can Differ In Each Situation

Before you purchase condominum insurance, try to find what is covered by your condo association’s master policy.

Generally, these policies cover only the structure of the building, but it varies depending on your state and particular condominium. It’s important to do your homework to find what is and what isn’t covered so you can make sure your personal policy covers the rest.

What kind of coverage do you need?

The type of coverage you need greatly depends on your unique situation. Common coverages including theft, damage and personal liability incidents. Depending on your residence, you may also need flood insurance or other special coverage.

A Gunn Mowery agent can help you plan for the coverage you need. You may want to ask yourself the following questions as you decided on the details of your insurance policy:

  • What parts of the condo am I responsible for?
  • How much would it cost to replace or repair my condo?
  • How much are all of my personal items worth?
  • Do I have have valuable items in my condo, such as jewelry, antiques, fine art or collectibles?
  • Do I run a business out of my home, or often work from home?

For more information on condominium insurance, please contact Gunn Mowery at 1-800-840-1243, or e-mail us at Become our Facebook fan at

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s