Below you will find disability information that you may find useful. May is Disability Awareness Month.
– More than 1 in 5 adults believe that unemployment or Social Security will cover them if they become disabled. – Disability Literacy: How Consumers Rate Today, April 2005, The Hartford
– Less than half — 39-percent — of the 2.1 million workers who applied for Social Secuirty Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits in 2005 were approved. – Social Security Administration, Office of Disability and Income Security Programs
– The average monthly SSDI benefit is $1,004 — Social Security Administration, Fact Sheet 2008
– In 2007, the percentage of working-age people with disabilities receiving SSDI payments in the US was 17.1% – U.S. Census Bureau, American Community Survey, 2007
– Over 85-percent of disabling accidents and illnesses are not work related, and therefore not covered by workers’ compensation. – National Safety Council®, Injury Facts® 2008 Ed.
* * *
For more information on workers’ compensation coverage, please contact Gunn Mowery at 1-800-840-1243 or e-mail us at email@example.com.